Safety & Health Representatives (5 Day WorkSafe)
Certification: 5 Day Safety & Health Representatives Training - WorkSafe WA
Study Modes: Classroom Only
Duration: 5 days - Course monthly
This course is designed for elected workplace Safety & Health Representatives (SHR's or HSR's) who play a crucial role in improving safety and health in their organisation, business and/or industry. The course gives Safety and Health Representatives, the knowledge and skills they need to represent their fellow employees and ensure their workplace is adhering to legislative health and safety requirements.
This course can be conducted onsite anywhere in Western Australia in addition to courses run at our training centre. To ensure you are maximising the health and safety of your workplace, enrol in the Safety and Health Representatives course today!
Worksafe WA provides additional information. click here to go to their website
Scorpion Training Solutions also offers a refresher course for Safety and Health Representatives, who have previously attended the 5 Day course but want to update or refresh their qualifications. Click here for more information.
This course is accredited and approved by WorkSafe WA.
Under section 35 (1b) of the WA OSH Act 1984, the employee is entitled to undertake this training with tuition and attendance costs paid by the employer following election to the position of HSR.
Our Health and Safety Representatives course will train you to:
- Conduct an effective inspection of your workplaces
- Identify and locate information from a variety of sources
- Communicate on safety and health matters and represent employees
- Describe the functions, makeup and roles of a Safety and Health committee
- Conduct an effective investigation into workplace illness/injuries and accidents
- Apply knowledge of legislation in the role of a Safety and Health Representative
- Identify and evaluate hazards in the workplace and recommend control methods
Credit Towards a BSB30719 Certificate III in Workplace Health and Safety (WHS)
The Health and Safety Representatives course is designed around the core elements of the Certificate III in Workplace Health and Safety. This means that if you complete this course, you can choose to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning/Competency towards 5 units within the BSB30719 Certificate III in Work Health & Safety. This process involves submission of your class workbooks, additional assessments, other evidence and relevant work experience for assessment by our Trainer/Assessor.
There is no additional cost for the RPL of these 5 units through Scorpion Training Solutions, meaning you could be on the way to achieving a significant portion of a Certificate III in WHS.
The Health and Safety Representatives course reflects the skills and knowledge contained in these five (5) units.
- BSBWHS307 Apply knowledge of WHS laws in the workplace
- BSBWHS308 Participate in WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control processes
- BSBWHS309 Contribute effectively to WHS communication and consultation processes
- BSBWHS310 Contribute to WHS issue-resolution processes
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident responses
To enrol in the Health and Safety Representatives course today, please select your preferred date from our course calendar and follow the simple instructions.
Alternatively, you can enrol on the phone at (08) 9358 1116.
If you have any questions about this qualification or what else Scorpion can offer you, please contact our friendly staff via our online enquiry form, email, or over the phone.
Please fill in the Registration form below. Fields in bold are required.
Safety & Health Representatives 5 Day Course - WorkSafe WA Approved
Calendar Usage Tips
- Yellow Highlight is day 1 of a new course
- Use month dropdown box to view future dates
- To apply for enrolment, click on yellow date of your choice
- Form opens - Complete your details and submit
Enquiry? Click here to email us